Friday, April 17, 2009

She can stand now!

My daughter has gone to sleep and I am writing my second post of the day!

Today is the warmest day so far this year, so I decided to bike to work. I even got a nice surprise on my way to work: someone was giving out free water! And I took advantage of it!

At work, my husband called me, telling me about new layoffs at his company (not him, luckily). For those unlucky people, today probably seems more like winter than spring.

I left work early to make sure I can take my daughter out to enjoy this beautiful weather. On my bikeride home, I passed by the BU beach. Even the South Beach couldn't beat it today. (Everyone knows what BU is famous for, right?) But a treat to the eye was not the only nice thing happened to me; I had a discovery too! (Good things always come in pairs!) I had long been wondering: why people have to wear bikinis when it is barely 70 degrees? On a day like this, I had an epiphany: if this weather occurs in June, nobody would dress like this; but it is April now, it is not about being practical, it is about making a statement! It's warm now; let's get out and party!

Got home; my babysitter was happy to get off work early; tried to feed my baby before going out but she refused; dressed her, put the new sun hat on her - and in no time, we were out in the sunshine! As usual, she seemed to be intensely absorbing whatever she observed, and barely smiled. She smiles and laughs a lot at home; but when she is outside, she frowns, as if trying to figure something out.

At her bedtime, after we bathed her, she was sitting on one of my legs. I found that she could stand for a few seconds! So here is another milestone for her: she can stand before turning 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment