Friday, April 17, 2009

new development and some random thoughts

It has been more than two weeks since I last wrote something. I have to at least write something this month!

Last night my daughter went to sleep shortly after 9 pm and woke up at 7 am this morning! She usually goes to bed around 8 pm, but yesterday she took a nap 6:30 - 7 pm. No matter how short a nap is, she would stay awake for at least two hours (usually 3 to 4 hours). In her morning nap yesterday, she slept on her belly for the first time. And the whole night last night she slept "butt up". She is incredibly cute in that position!

I love it when my baby laughs. She laughs out loud. You can never know what you do may make her laugh. Make faces. Sing certain songs. Tickle her. Blow air into her neck. Lift her up high. Make funny sounds. Tap on the tray of her high-chair like beat a drum. And you have to try new things; she quickly gets used to old tricks.

Sometimes I browsed the Internet looking at celebrity moms with their children. The other day I saw Jessica Alba's pictures with her daughter, and noticed that her daughter was wearing shoes (sneakers) when she was about the same age as my daughter. It was also reported that Jessica Alba routinely took her daughter to parks on playdates. This made me feel bad. My daughter is not walking yet so I haven't bought her real shoes. But maybe I should? And maybe I should get some playdates for my daughter too. I feel like a terrible mother that I haven't done that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment