Friday, March 20, 2009

First day of Spring and my daughter's first tooth

I have wanted to start blogging (again) since I became pregnant, which was more than a year ago. And everyday since my daugher was born, I wanted to do this. And finally, today, the guilt was so much that I did start.

Today is March 20, 2009, the first day of spring, one day before my daughter turns 7 months. Last night I put my daughter to sleep around 8:15. When I went to bed at 0:30 (which technically is today), my daughter woke up. This does not happen that often (thank God) - about once a week. After trying to put her back to sleep again for 2 hours, it occurred to me that she might have made another breakthrough. And just like that, I discovered that she had cut her first tooth! I had to admit that I didn't check her mouth every day, when I did a couple of days ago and it was not there yet (though very close).

She finally went back to sleep again at 3:30 am. This morning, when my baby sitter came, she told me the same discovery she made yesterday, which she forgot to tell me yesterday. So I'm now comfortable to put her milestone of cutting first tooth at March 19, 2009.

First tooth, first day of spring, turning 7 months, - and so this becomes the beginning of my blog about my daughter and my life as her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment